A Leader is the third stage in the Customer Data Platform (CDP) journey. As a CDP Leader, you are responsible for the overall customer experience and supporting the financial business outcomes through CDP data. You lead and/or influence the omni-channel messaging and personalization projects and promote the tracking of signals to uncover insights and envision future customer experiences. Typically, a leader has experience with establishing real-time (RT) integration with other systems and is a champion across the organization for data-driven initiatives.
Unlocking Transformation: A CDP Leader
Every business is at a different stage on its CDP journey, yet you’ll find that many businesses are uncertain of which stage they’re at and the steps needed to move to the next level. Before you and your organization embark on a transformative CDP strategy, it’s a good idea to fully understand your baseline to make educated and informed decisions to achieve your organizational goals.
Stage 3 Context for Success:
- Increased scale (e.g., new markets/regions)
- Advanced digital footprint, almost every aspect of the customer journey is digital
- Agile way of working, technical know-how to adapt to change
Signs it’s Time to Move to Stage 4:
- Continuous growth and/or top-tier market lead in your industry
- Culture of continuous improvement and innovation
- Decrease in efficiency/visibility with impact on customers and organizations
Read more about Stage 4: CDP Innovator.