V. Exercising Your Rights and Choices
Please click here if you want to make use of any of your below mentioned legal rights. If you wish to exercise your access rights, the service is provided by our vendor OneTrust as processor on our behalf.
1. Where You Are a Resident of the EU
Subject to certain exceptions and the jurisdiction in which you live, if you are a resident of the EU, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides you with specific rights regarding your Personal Data. You may exercise the following legal rights regarding any Personal Data that we hold about you.
- Right of access: You may access all Personal Data we hold about you, know the origin of this Personal Data, and obtain a copy in an understandable format;
- Right to rectification: You may request that we rectify inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data relating to you that we process or control;
- Right to erasure: You may request the erasure or deletion of your Personal Data that we control. We may be required to retain your Personal Data for legal or legitimate business reasons.
- Right to object to the processing of your Personal Data: You may at any time object to the processing of your Personal Data for reasons relating to your personal situation. We may nevertheless, on a case-by-case basis, reject such a request by pointing out the legitimate or otherwise legal reasons for processing this data.
- Right to restrict processing: You may request that our data processing related to you is limited, so that we may keep this data, but we cannot use it or process it in any other manner. This right applies in specific circumstances, i.e.:
- if you challenge the exactness of your Personal Data, we may limit processing for a period of time so that the exactness of the Personal Data can be verified;
- if you object to the erasure of your Personal Data and request instead that its use be limited;
- if we do not need the Personal Data for the purposes mentioned above in Section III anymore, but you still need it to establish, exercise or defend rights before a Court; and
- in the cases where you objected to the processing, which is based on the legitimate interests of the agency, you may ask to limit the processing for the time necessary for us to verify if we can accept your objection request (i.e., the time necessary to verify whether the legitimate reasons of the agency prevail over yours).
- Right to object to data processing for direct marketing purposes: You may unsubscribe to object at any time and without any justification to the reception of direction marketing communications. Simply either (i) click on the link in the footer of the communications you receive from us, (ii) use the link in this notice, or (iii) send us an email at the address in the “Further Information” section below with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject field of the email.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive the Personal Data provided by you, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, for personal use or to share with a third party where our lawful basis for processing the Personal Data is consent or necessity for the performance of our contract with you and the processing is carried out by automated means. Please check the list of our Personal Data processing activities’ legal grounds (in Section III of this Privacy Notice) to know whether our processing is based on the performance of a contract or on consent.
- Right to withdraw your consent: You have a right to withdraw consent at any time where we process your Personal Data based on consent.
If you are unsatisfied with the way we process your Personal Data or if your request has been rejected, you may also lodge a formal complaint with your local competent data protection authority.
Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will act on your request promptly and in any event within one month from the date we receive your request. This timeframe can be extended by two months depending upon the complexity of the request or the number of requests received at a particular time. In this case, we will inform you within one month from receiving your request, specifying the reasons for extending the response timeframe.
1.2 Data Transfers and Retention
Due to the international nature of our business, your Personal Data may be transferred outside the European Union. Your Personal Data may be transferred to countries that are not considered to have the same level of data protection as in the EU. However, we ensure all data transfers comply with applicable legal requirements. Should you wish to know more about how data is protected or wish to request a copy of the contractual protections, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Personal Data will be stored in accordance with our applicable data retention requirements and corporate policies. The retention period of your Personal Data varies depending on the type of Personal Data and the purposes of processing it. Your Personal Data will not be retained for any other purpose than that for which it was collected or for longer than is reasonably necessary for that disclosed purpose.
1.3 Information from Our Clients
If Personal Data about you has been processed by us as a processor on behalf of a client in the EU and you wish to exercise any rights you have with such Personal Data, please inquire with our client directly. If you wish to make your request directly to us, please provide the name of our client on whose behalf we processed your Personal Data. We will refer your request to that client and will support them to the extent required by applicable law in responding to your request.
2. Where You are a Resident of California
California residents, under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), have specific rights with regard to their Personal Data. This section describes how to exercise those rights and our process for handling those requests. (To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.)
Our Website is intended to provide information and services to business clients. In such case, you understand and agree that information collected about you is solely within the context of (i) your role as an employee, owner, director, officer, or contractor or (ii) Publicis Sapient conducting due diligence regarding, or providing or receiving a product or service to or from your employer.
2.1 Information from Our Clients
We also acknowledge that you may have rights under the CCPA in connection with the Personal Data we process on behalf of our clients. If Personal Data about you has been processed by us as a service provider on behalf of a client and you wish to exercise any of the rights described below, please provide the name of our client on whose behalf we processed your Personal Data. We will refer your request to that client and will support them to the extent required by applicable law in responding to your request.
2.2 Rights to Request Access to Your Personal Data
California residents have the right to request that we disclose what categories of Personal Data that we collect, use, disclose, or sell about them. In particular, California residents may request:
• the specific pieces of Personal Data that we have collected about you;
• the categories of Personal Data we have collected about you;
• the categories of sources from which the Personal Data was collected;
• the categories of Personal Data about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
• the categories of third parties to whom the Personal Data was disclosed for a business purpose or sold; and
• the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the Personal Data.
2.3 Right to request deletion of your Personal Data
You may also request that we delete any Personal Data that we collected from you. However, we may retain Personal Data for certain important purposes, as set out by law. When we receive and verify your request to delete your Personal Data we will proceed to delete the data unless an exception applies.
2.4 Right to Non-discrimination
We will not deny, charge different prices for, or provide a different level of quality of goods or services if you choose to exercise these CCPA rights.
2.5 Right to Opt-out of the sale of your Personal Data
The CCPA broadly defines what constitutes a “sale” – including in the definition making available a wide variety of information in exchange for “valuable consideration.” To the extent we engage in the “sale” of your Personal Data as defined by CCPA, California residents may opt out of the “sale” of their Personal Data.
Depending what information we have about you, and whether we have included any of it in our marketing products and services, we may have sold (as defined by California law) certain categories of information about you in the last 12 months, as described in the above table in Section IV of this Privacy Notice. If you would like to opt out, you may do so by clicking Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
2.6 Shine the Light
Customers who are residents of California may request (i) a list of the categories of Personal Data disclosed by us to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes; and (ii) a list of the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed such information. To exercise a request, please write us at the email or postal address set out in the “Further Information” section below and specify that you are making a “California Shine the Light Request.”
2.7 How to Exercise Your Rights Under CCPA
California residents may exercise their CCPA privacy rights by sending an email to email@example.com, submitting your request here, or by contacting us at: 1 (833) 983-0087.
For security purposes (and as required under California law), we will verify your identity – in part by requesting certain information from you – when you request to exercise your California privacy rights. For instance, if you request categories or specific pieces of Personal Data we have collected about you, you may need to confirm your possession of an identifier (such as an email address) or to provide a piece of identification that confirms you are the person you claim to be.
If we are unable to complete your request for any reason, we will provide you additional information about the reasons why we could not comply with your request.
You may also designate an agent to make requests to exercise your rights under CCPA as described above. We will take steps to both verify the identity of the person seeking to exercise their rights as listed above and that your agent has been authorized to make a request on your behalf by providing us with a signed written authorization or a copy of a power of attorney.
3. Where you are a Resident of Nevada
Nevada law (NRS 603A.340) requires each business to establish a designated request address where Nevada consumers may submit requests directing the business not to sell certain kinds of Personal Data that the business has collected or will collect about the consumer. A sale under Nevada law is the exchange of Personal Data for monetary consideration by the business to a third party for the third party to license or sell the Personal Data to other third parties. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to submit a request relating to our compliance with Nevada law, please contact us as at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Your Rights as a Resident of the United States
4.1 Do Not Track
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
We may use our own technology or third-party technology to track and analyze usage information to provide enhanced interactions and more relevant communications, and to track the performance of our advertisements.
For example, we use Google Analytics (“Google Analytics”), a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. You can learn about Google’s privacy practices by going to www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
4.3 Interest-Based Advertising
The companies we work with to provide you with targeted ads are required by us to give you the choice to opt out of receiving targeted ads. Most of these companies are participants of the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) and/or the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the targeted ads provided by these companies, and how to opt out of receiving certain targeted ads from them, please visit: (i) for website targeted ads from DAA participants, https://www.aboutads.info/choices; (ii) for app targeted ads from DAA participants, https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices; and (iii) for targeted ads from NAI participants, https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Opting out only means that the selected participants should no longer deliver certain targeted ads to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., in connection with the participants’ other customers or from other technology services).
To opt out of us using your data for Matched Ads, please contact us here and specify that you wish to opt out of matched ads. We will request that the applicable party not serve you matched ads based on information we provide. Alternatively, you may directly contact the applicable party to opt out.
Please note that if you opt out using any of these methods, the opt out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt out. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any opt out options or programs, or the accuracy of any other entities’ statements regarding their opt out options or programs.
Depending on the choices you made when providing us with your Personal Data and in compliance with applicable data protection laws, we may send you direct marketing communications. You can opt out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link, or emailing us at the email address set out in the “Further Information” section below with the word unsubscribe in the subject field of the email. Please note that you cannot opt out of non-promotional emails, such as those about transactions, servicing, or our ongoing business relations.