An Advocate is the second stage in the Customer Data Platform (CDP) journey. As a CDP Advocate, you are involved in defining the future of customer experiences, developing the business case or overseeing an implementation in progress. You are familiar with the latest technology trends and aware of the implications of first- and third-party data inputs and privacy considerations. As it pertains to CDP improvement, an Advocate will have an existing track record working on data-driven customer experiences and sharing customer-centric initiatives cross-functionally within the organization on an ongoing basis.
Unlocking Transformation: A CDP Advocate
Every business is at a different stage on its CDP journey, yet you’ll find that many businesses are uncertain of which stage they’re at and the steps needed to move to the next level. Before you and your organization embark on a transformative CDP strategy, it’s a good idea to fully understand your baseline to make educated and informed decisions to achieve your organizational goals.
Based on your self-assessment score: you are a CDP Advocate.
Stage 2 Context for Success:
- Target market mostly known, some unknow customers/consumers
- Established digital footprint (e.g., eCommerce, Mobile App, Self-Service)
- Strong employee onboarding program
Signs it’s Time to Move to Stage 3:
- Increased unknown/guest customers on website(s)
- Competitive pressure to expand digital footprint
- Decrease in data quality with impact on customers and organizations
Read more about Stage 3: CDP Leader.
Next Starts Now