LONDON, ENGLAND and HOUSTON, TEXAS, November 9, 2021 – Publicis Sapient, a digital business transformation company, today announced the winners of its inaugural global EnergyTech awards, a first-of-its kind awards program focused on technology within the energy sector. Winners received prizes and trophies during a virtual ceremony on November 9.
“We’re thrilled to celebrate the best talent and ideas that are leading the shift to a cleaner, greener world,” said Publicis Sapient CEO Nigel Vaz. “As the energy transition drives new customer behaviors and expectations, there’s a significant opportunity for digital to be at the core of how the industry transforms how it produces, stores, trades and delivers energy. Beyond internal changes, it also means companies need to create new tools that will help customers and partners manage and optimize their own consumption as well.”
Publicis Sapient’s Global EnergyTech Awards winners, from categories incorporating the whole lifecycle of the energy sector, were startups and innovators from around the world that are making the most significant impact for people, business and our planet. They included: -
- Best Smart Network Solution: Vyntelligence (UK). Vyntelligence is a mobile-first solution that empowers frontline workers and customers to capture short video and multi-media data of jobs and assets in the field to rapidly improve quality and safety, make field visits safe and deliver an improved customer experience.
- Best Electronic Vehicle Customer Solution: Mina (UK). Mina has developed a platform called Edison to simplify paying for electric vehicle charging at home, work and in public. It enables fleets to move to electric vehicles at scale, which means there are less petrol and diesel vehicles on the roads, bettering our environment.
- Mobile Customer Experience: BatteryXchange (USA). BatteryXchange is an ecosystem of battery rental kiosks that allow end users to seamlessly rent completely free batteries for charging their mobile devices while on the move.
- Best Solution in Energy Trading: AirCarbon Exchange (Singapore). AirCarbon Exchange is a blockchain-based trading platform that brings efficiency, transparency and security to the carbon market at a much lower cost compared to traditional carbon trades.
- Best Use of Data & Insights: Solytic (Germany). Solytic’s mission is to make photovoltaics easy and profitable for everyone. Its digital platform enables customers to cut costs, increase revenues and extend the lifetime of their solar installations from day one.
- Best CleanTech: Virtual Global Trading AG (Switzerland). The Virtual Global Trading platform offers a new opportunity for energy producers, consumers and prosumers to exchange energy between all parties.
- Standout Performer: Vyntelligence (UK). Selected from all relevant entries, Vyntellligence was the standout innovation that the judging panel felt deserved special attention and recognition.
“These are exciting times in EnergyTech as technology will be key to achieving carbon neutrality,” said Joe Tabita, Publicis Sapient’s Energy Leader, EMEA & APAC. “It’s increasingly clear that energy companies will have to partner with innovators to scale up the skills and technology required to reach both their own and global net-zero goals.”
Judges: Winners were carefully selected by a panel of industry experts, including senior leaders at major global energy organizations. Judges were Damian Bunyan, CIO, Uniper; Devrim Celal, CEO, KrakenFlex (part of Octupus Energy); Elvira Fabrizio, SVP Digital & IT, Eni; Paul Massara, Associate, Creative Destruction Labs; Dan Reinbold, VP, Information Services, Plains; Vincent Viollain, Head of Partnerships & Startups, VivaTech; Masud Haq, SVP, Publicis Sapient; Shailesh Joshi, SVP, Publicis Sapient; and Joe Tabita, Energy Leader, EMEA & APAC, Publicis Sapient.
The Prizes: The winners for each category will receive:
- A 1-to-1 mentoring session with one of the judges
- 2 x 1-hour workshops with digital business transformation company Publicis Sapient, with advice on scaling and accelerating product or solutions
- An editorial write-up in WIRED magazine in November 2021
- A showcase at VivaTech 2022 – Europe’s largest tech event