How Lowe's Point-of-Sale System Makes Self-Checkout Seamless
Lowe’s partners with Publicis Sapient to create a point-of-sale (POS) platform designed for speed and convenience.
Lowe’s wanted to better serve their customers by providing a frictionless, modernized self-checkout experience. The retailer partnered with Publicis Sapient to build a custom solution from scratch, giving the business a foundation for growth unlike any other on the market.
The Business Impact
The solution was initially launched in three locations and is currently being rolled out to the rest of the Lowes Stores chain. Shoppers welcomed the new service, with positive feedback on how quick, easy, and efficient the new checkout process was for them to complete.
- 90% reduction in POS terminal start-up time
- Flexibility for both assisted and self-checkout lanes
- Ability for Canary deployments (target a fix to a single register) with no business downtime
- Centralized device management and operational dashboards
- Lowered capital and operating investments with open-source technologies and commodity hardware
- Improved store associates' productivity when handling customer requests
Next Starts Now