This Privacy Notice sets out how Publicis Sapient (Sapient Limited) use any personal data we collected about you through the award entry form for the purposes of organising and running the Publicis Sapient Global EnergyTech Awards.
Any data collected for the Publicis Sapient Global EnergyTech Awards, including personal data (such as your name and contact details) and limited health information for health and safety purposes, will only be used for the Purposes (described below). Once collected, your data will not be used for a different incompatible purpose without your consent.
We take the protection of your personal data very seriously. All data collected will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be used as set out in this Privacy Notice. We aim to always comply with applicable data protection laws. Please read this Privacy Notice carefully.
I. Purpose of data collection
The main purposes of collecting personal data through our award entry form is to:
- Organise Publicis Sapient Global EnergyTech Awards;
- Run Publicis Sapient Global EnergyTech Awards;
- Send news and further information about the Publicis Sapient Global EnergyTech Awards, if you have agreed to this;
- Sign you up to our Energy Insights to keep you updated and invite you to relevant events, if you have agreed to this;
- Assess and mitigate risks associated with Coronavirus to protect Publicis personnel and guests, were you need to access our premises.
II. What Personal Data do we collect and process?
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (i.e. living individual). We will process the following personal data for the purposes outlined at I:
- Your first name and lastname;
- Your e-mail address;
- Limited information related to your risk of exposure to Coronavirus, where you need to access our premises;
- Company name and position held;
- The country or region you live in;
- Dietary requirements for attending the event.
III. What legal ground(s) do we rely on?
We will rely on:
- Your consent to send you any direct marketing messages;
- Our agreement with you to organise and run Publicis Sapient Global EnergyTech Awards;
- Our legitimate interest to manage our business relationships;
- Our legitimate interest to ensure a safe working environment for our employees and guests, where you need to access our premises.
- As an employer we consider this collection and processing of data is necessary for performing or exercising obligations imposed or conferred by employment law (e.g. providing a safe working environment); and
- We consider this collection and processing of data is necessary for reasons of public interest in the area of public health (e.g. protecting against serious cross-border threats to health).
IV. With whom do we share Personal Data?
The information that you provide will be shared only with Publicis Sapient personnel on a “need to know” basis. Such personnel will be subject to confidentiality restrictions in how they use the information. We will not disclose your personal data to anyone else, unless we are required by law to disclose the information (e.g. to health authorities), or to the extent it is needed to protect the safety of our personnel and guests (e.g. to employees at/ visitors to Publicis premises).
We may need to share your personal data with other companies within the Publicis Groupe, for the purpose of organising and running the Publicis Sapient Global EnergyTech Awards; and award you any prize you are entitled to.
V. Viewing, Editing, Updating or Deletion of your Personal Data:
Please contact the Publicis Chief Data Privacy Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns or want to access, correct, restrict or request deletion of any personal data stored about you in our records. Personal data will be stored by us in accordance with our applicable data retention requirements and corporate policies.
VI. Data Security
We use a variety of methods, such as firewalls, intrusion detection software and manual security procedures, to secure your personal data against loss or damage and to help protect the accuracy and security of personal data and to prevent unauthorized access or improper use.
VII. Data Transfers
We may process your personal data using internal operations tools hosted in countries based outside of the UK or of the European Economic Area. We ensure all data transfers comply with applicable legal requirements (e.g. under intercompany agreements with appropriate contractual protections). Should you wish to know more about how data is protected or wish to request a copy of the contractual protections please contact email@example.com. In circumstances where we are required to transfer the personal data without appropriate protection we will only do so where the transfer is necessary for important reasons of public interest or there is a compelling legitimate interest such as protection of public health.
VIII. Notification of changes
Should we wish to change this Privacy Notice, we will contact you to inform you of the new Privacy Notice and, in some circumstances, we may need to obtain your consent to the changes.
If you consider that we are not complying with this Privacy Notice or with applicable data protection laws, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also lodge a formal complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office online, from https://ico.org.uk/.
This privacy will always be available to you at globalenergytechawards.com