Terms & Conditions – Publicis Sapient Global EnergyTech Awards 2023
These Terms & Conditions (“Terms”) are the rules of the Publicis Sapient Global EnergyTech Awards 2023 (“Awards”), organized by Sapient Limited, a company incorporated under the laws of England and Wales with company number 3144067 with its registered office at 1st Floor 2 Television Centre 101 Wood Lane London W12 7FR, the United Kingdom (“Publicis Sapient”).
By submitting your entry, you agree on your own behalf, and on behalf of the company which you are entering, to be bound by our Terms.
By submitting personal details on behalf of the named individuals in this application, you warrant and represent that you have secured the consent of those persons for Publicis Sapient in the United Kingdom to process their personal data for the purposes of the Awards.
You may withdraw your application at any time by writing to:
Any questions and inquiries related to the Awards during its duration and up to 14 days after its end, shall be addressed at: email@example.com.
You may submit your application starting from June 13, 2023. In order to enter the Awards, you must complete and submit the entry form before 23:59 on August 31, 2023 (“End Date”). Entries received after this date are ineligible, null and void. Publicis Sapient will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries. Publicis Sapient is not responsible for entries that are sent but not received for any reason. Due to the volume of entries received, we are unable to provide detailed feedback to each unsuccessful applicant.
Who Can Enter?
The Awards are aimed at small businesses typically in the early-growth and scale-up phase, which have innovative technologies, robust business models, the ability to demonstrate traction in their activities and the potential for global scale.
For the purposes of these Awards, an applicant must:
- be a natural (sole proprietorship) or legal person (including partnerships and equivalent for-profit corporate structures) entered into a relevant official register in the country of their registered office, anywhere in the world;
- have been operating for five years or less (in current form);
- be either a pure technology, tech-driven or a tech-enabled business;
- have more than a proof of concept and can provide evidence of revenue that is not generated by any natural or legal person that controls their company;
- not be majority-owned by an entity or entities with a global revenue of over 1 billion USD;
- all applicants entering the Awards on behalf of a company must be aged 18 or over.
Publicis Sapient employees and contractors, their affiliates and legal entities they are part of based of any rights, are prohibited from entering the competition. Additionally, the competition is not open to entries coming from a Publicis Sapient client or their affiliates.
By submitting any materials, actions or tasks as part of the Awards, you represent and warrant that they do not infringe any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party and that you have the full and unrestricted right to transfer and share materials, actions or tasks, enough to indemnify and hold Publicis Sapient harmless of any liability or claims.
- All valid entries will be assessed after the End Date.
- The winners will be selected by the Publicis Sapient judging panel, consisting of seven cross-category judges, at their sole and absolute discretion.
- The decisions of the judging panel will be final.
- There are no charges for entering the Awards.
For these Awards, the maximum total of winners is six, i.e., one winner per each of the following categories: Best CleanTech Solution for Utilities, Best CleanTech Solution for Agriculture, Best CleanTech Solution for Energy, Best Commercial Sustainability Solution, Best Customer Experience Solution and Best Supply & Trading Solution.
The winner of each category will be notified in writing via email, no later than October 31, 2023.
In addition to public recognition, all category winners will receive:
- a sustainable trophy;
- a one-to-one advisory session with a member of our judging panel chosen by the winner;
- a two-day virtual or on-site workshop with Publicis Sapient;
- publicity including a Publicis Sapient press release, visibility on the Publicis Sapient website, paid media funded by Publicis Sapient promoting the winners and acknowledgement of the winners at various events in Q4 2023.
Each winner will be asked to provide their contact and other details to be able to claim the prizes. If a winner fails to respond to the notification as instructed, Publicis Sapient will choose another winner and such provisional winner will lose all their prizes.
The prizes awarded are not subject to exchange or replacement with other prizes or benefits, neither are they redeemable for cash.
All winners are solely responsible for all taxes and/or fees as well as all additional costs that may be incurred by the prizes awarded to them, however, Publicis Sapient may rely on transfer of the prizes on receipt of a confirmation of tax payment in the correct amount, in accordance with applicable laws.
If a specific prize becomes unavailable for any reason, Publics Sapient in its sole and absolute discretion may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
Winners agree that Publicis Sapient may use their name and image, and the name and branding of the company that they are entering, to announce the winners of the Awards and for any other reasonable and related promotional and marketing purposes, and to describe their entry for such purposes.
Breach of Terms
Publicis Sapient reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to exclude your entry from consideration if it believes your entry is not compliant with the Terms and/or to exclude you and/or your company from participating in the Awards and future competitions operated by Publicis Sapient.
- Publicis Sapient reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the Awards if it deems it necessary at its sole discretion.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, Publicis Sapient will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate a winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prizes, or entrant with respect to any entry, except where it is caused by our negligence or that of our employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Publicis Sapient reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify these Terms at any time. Any changes to these Terms will become effective from the moment of its publication on our website at: https://www.publicissapient.com/industries/energy-commodities/tech-awards.
- These Terms shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any disputes arising out of these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of a competent court having jurisdiction over Publicis Sapient's registered office.
- The information contained herein is of a general nature and is not intended to address the circumstances of any particular individual or entity. Although we endeavor to provide accurate and timely information, there can be no guarantee that such information is accurate as of the date it is received or that it will continue to be accurate in the future. No one should act on such information without appropriate professional advice after a thorough examination of the particular situation.