Publicis Sapient Announces Winners Of Second Annual Global EnergyTech Awards 2022
Awards were launched on a low-carbon site to save energy
LONDON, ENGLAND and NEW YORK, NY, November 16, 2022 – Publicis Sapient, a digital business transformation company, today announced the winners of its second annual Global EnergyTech awards, a prestigious and first-of-its kind awards program focused on technology within the energy sector. The winners, who were recognized during a virtual ceremony, will receive awards for their efforts in energy innovation, across a variety of categories.
“For the second year in a row, we’re thrilled to recognize disruptors in the energy industry as part of our Global EnergyTech Awards 2022,” said Publicis Sapient CEO Nigel Vaz. “At a time when the energy industry is experiencing significant change, and the transition to a carbon-zero future is under way, energy companies will increasingly have to partner with innovators to scale up the skills and technology required to reach both their own and global net-zero goals. We’re proud to bring the best ideas and talent together to help drive the shift to a cleaner, greener world.”
Publicis Sapient’s Global EnergyTech Awards 2022 winners, from categories incorporating the whole lifecycle of the energy sector, are startups and innovators from around the globe that share a passion for digitally transforming the world of energy and are making a difference for the industry, its customers and the planet. The full list of winners is as follows:
- Best CleanTech: phelas (Germany). phelas develops and builds Liquid Air Energy Storages (LAES) for wind and solar energy. The team is currently prototyping a unique standardized, modular, mass-manufactured and cheap large-scale electrical storage system: Aurora. The system uses the proven concept of liquid air storage.
- Best Use of Data & Insights Solution: GoCodeGreen (UK). GoCodeGreen offers the first and most complete carbon diagnosis and decisioning platform for software. GoCodeGreen have now started to work with a range of Banks, FinTechs, Technology System Integrators and Consultancy firms, as well as Government Departments to assess their software platforms and support their journey toward decarbonising their software and technology.
- Best Digital Marketing Solution: Switchd (UK). Switchd is an auto switching energy service. Switchd's mission is to make the chore of reviewing your household bills a thing of the past. With smart algorithms and an incredibly simple to use platform, Switchd automatically keeps consumers on the best deal.
- Best Network, Transport or Distribution Solution: IONATE (UK). IONATE is a technology company developing next generation Hybrid Intelligent Transformers. IONATE's innovation revolutionises power-flow control and enables the truly future-proof electricity grid.
- Best Smart City Solutions: Solskin (Switzerland). Solskin is dedicated to creating innovative new products and solutions based on its patented hybrid hard-soft material robotic actuator in combination with state-of-the-art artificial intelligence to improve the wellbeing of people and the planet.
- Best Solution Energy Trading: SAMAWATT (Switzerland). Using powerful algorithms, SAMAWATT provides accurate wind and solar power production forecast on hourly granularity for a 72-hour horizon.
- Best Standout Performer: GoCodeGreen (UK). Selected from all relevant entries, GoCodeGreen was the standout innovation that the judging panel felt deserved special attention and recognition.
“The startups we've heard from are changing the energy landscape in an impactful and positive way, and with their solutions, they will make large contributions to organisations' carbon zero ambitions,” said Joseph Tabita, Energy Leader, EMEA & APAC, Publicis Sapient. “We've seen some truly brilliant solutions from our applicants, whose bright ideas dig deep into the problems faced by energy companies, consumers and the environment, and offer clever solutions that can be adapted in most geographical settings. A huge congratulations to all the winners and impressive finalists."
Judges: Winners were carefully selected by a panel of industry experts, including senior leaders at major global energy organizations. Judges were Devrim Celal, CEO, KrakenFlex; Elvira Fabrizio, SVP, Digital & IT, Eni; Paul Massara, Associate, Creative Destruction Lab; Damian Bunyan, CIO, Uniper; Chris Foster, Chief Information and Innovation Officer, TC Energy; Jason Gislason, Chief Digital Officer, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company; Sandeep Parmar, General Manager, Digital Platforms & Operations, Suncor; Milind Godbole, Global Energy Lead, Publicis Sapient; Simon Harvey, GVP Energy & Commodities, EMEA, Publicis Sapient; Oded Lavie, VP Innovation & Business Development, Publicis Sapient and Joseph Tabita, Energy Leader, EMEA & APAC, Publicis Sapient.
The Prizes: The winners for each category receive:
- A 1-to-1 advisory session with one of the judges
- A workshop with digital business transformation company Publicis Sapient, with advice on scaling and accelerating product or solution
- An editorial write-up in WIRED magazine
- A showcase at VivaTech 2023, Europe’s largest tech event
Publicis Sapient’s Global EnergyTech Awards 2022 were launched on a low-carbon site, globalenergytechawards.com. The awards page saves energy as it does not showcase photos, animation or video and features vector-based graphics, reduced copy, black background, anchor links, web-safe fonts and cleaner code.
About Publicis Sapient
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation company. We partner with global organizations to help them create and sustain competitive advantage in a world that is increasingly digital. We operate through our expert SPEED capabilities: Strategy and Consulting, Product, Experience, Engineering and Data, which combined with our culture of curiosity and deep industry knowledge, enables us to deliver meaningful impact to our clients’ businesses through reimagining the products and experiences their customers truly value. Our agile, data-driven approach equips our clients’ businesses for change, making digital the core of how they think and what they do. Publicis Sapient is the digital business transformation hub of Publicis Groupe with 20,000 people and over 50 offices worldwide. For more information, visit publicissapient.com.